Sunday, August 2, 2009

Back to Izotope Ozone - again!

If there's anyone who's disorganized, it's me.

One of my previous posts spoke about multiband compressors and how you can make Winamp sound better. True, I like SoundSolution, but over prolonged usage, I noted that it hogged alot of CPU. Why, I don't know. Many forums praise the creator of SoundSolution that it's an all-rounder plugin with low latency, but for some reason or another, I've got very high latency with the preset that I uploaded.

I don't know if it's a preset-related thingy, but I moved back to my first love, Izotope Ozone. After fiddling with the presets for ages and ages, I've come to a final preset file (see the link below). It's not as power-hungry as SoundSolution, and has some sweetness in it too (as well as some open-ness).

And I realized multiband compressors are nothing unless certain frequencies are harmonized (or "harmonified") - go ahead and listen to my preset and hopefully, you should have some sweet, consistent sound coming from your (even low-end pathetic) speakers.

Get the preset here.

No comments:

Post a Comment