Saturday, November 21, 2009

Are scary movies actually scary?





The other day, I watched Paranormal Activity on the recommendation of a friend.

Now while everyone says it's the scariest piece of work they've seen in a while, I'll say "I've seen better". Admittedly, there were a few places where the movie gave a somewhat eerie feel, but nothing that would make me adore the movie's brilliance. Read more


Sure it's the lowest-budget horror film after the Blair Witch Project (it cost around $15,000 to make), it's making millions at the box office. But I was expecting more from it.

Go check it out for yourself if you want. I wouldn't say it's the best thing out there (since I think there are a few other movies that are scarier - like the Exorcism of Emily Rose, and The Ring). But I won't stop you from not watching it - so go ahead and enjoy some of the interesting moments of the movie. Check out their website as well for more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment