Saturday, September 19, 2009

Telenor Pakistan's Customer Support Initiative - via SMS

When using *444# to inquire about the balance, I got the message that the SMS bundles won't be available for Eid, but right after that, it said "SMS queries to 346".


Click on the post to read more





345 is their SMS-based number for various services, but it turns out that when I texted "queries" to 346 (yes, a silly thing to do), I got a message stating I'll get a response in 5 minutes (which I didn't) but I did get one later on, stating (in Urdu)

Moaziz customer takleef k liyay hum moazrat khwah hain k aarzi tor per Bundled SMS ki sahulat band ker di gai hai 24 september dopahr 2 bajay tak.

Which loosely translates to: SMS bundles have been temporarily suspended till 24th September till 2 PM.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Then I decided to write the following

Is this another helpline type of a service? Are we charged anything for txting to 346? And what exactly can we use this service for?

To which I was promised another reply in 5 minutes, but after not-sure-how-long, I got

ASK is another convenient way to reach customer services for your queries/activations by sending an SMS in English/Urdu @ only 50 paisa+Tax to 346.

This does convey two things:
1) They have their punctuation and spelling (and grammar too) correct, and
2) Pretty nifty, and easier than calling their helpine and waiting (I haven't tried calling them in ages, since I prefer email).

Good job, I'll say. Are there other companies in Pakistan that have similar modes of contacting CSRs?

No comments:

Post a Comment